The Governors Highway Association (GHSA) seeks a full-time Program Coordinator. Duties include:
- Coordinating the day-to-day administrative tasks and record-keeping of GHSA’s federal and private sector grants programs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Managing the implementation of GHSA-supported grant opportunities for state highway safety agencies
- Implementing new programs and the on-going administration and maintenance of awarded grants including performance reporting
- Tracking program performance and utilization; communicating to appropriate constituents
- Assisting with the annual highway safety awards program, including solicitation and compilation of nominations, coordination of scores and judging, and the facilitation of awards presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the programs portion of GHSA’s Annual Meeting.
- Assisting with GHSA’s Associate Member program, including identifying and marketing to prospective members.
- Assisting with content for GHSA-sponsored webinars and other learning opportunities for GHSA’s members.
- Other duties as assigned aligned with the objectives of GHSA.
A successful candidate for this position must have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Exhibits a high degree of personal initiative.
- Exceptional organizational and detail orientation for timely implementation of projects.
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain relationship with key partners and constituents.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and accomplish tasks with self-direction; provide exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Fluent computer skills, including basic use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree as well as a minimum of 1-2 years of applicable experience (association/nonprofit experience preferred).
GHSA represents the state and territorial highway safety offices that implement programs to address behavioral and highway safety issues, including: occupant protection, impaired driving, and speeding. GHSA provides leadership and advocacy for the states and territories to improve traffic safety, influence national policy, enhance program management and promote best practices. GHSA is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.
For more information about the Governors Highway Safety Association, see www.ghsa.org. GHSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please email resume, cover letter, and salary expectations (required) to:
Governors Highway Safety Association