Fall 2011 | Vol. 13 | No. 3
1. The workshop sessions were well attended.
2. GHSA Secretary John Saunders welcomes attendees to the Closing Luncheon on Wednesday.
3. State Farm’s Chris Mullen discusses the culture of safety within her organization.
4. Guests mix and mingle at the Opening Reception at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center.
5. Ohio Office of Criminal Justice Services volunteers Gretchen Lopez-Martinez, Chris Robertson, and Lori
Genzen. (continued below)
6. Warren Dipraam accepts an award for his role in spearheading the No Refusal program.
7. GHSA Vice Chairman Troy Costales presents the James J. Howard Highway Safety Award posthumously to Dr. Herb Simpson, former President and CEO of the Traffic Injury Research Foundation (TIRF) Accepting the award on his behalf is TIRF Research Associate Erin Holmes.
8. Ken Stecker, a Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor in Michigan, gives a prosecutor’s perspective on the issue of drugged driving.
9. Speakers Jeannine Fallon (Edmunds.com) and Russ Rader (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) listen in during their communications workshop.
10. Jim Graham (left), Community Relations Manager for Ford Motor Company Fund, receives the GHSA Chairman’s Award for his commitment to improving teen driver safety through the Ford Driving Skills for Life program. Also pictured (left to right) are Nolan Katerberg and Kyle Green – both with Ford – as well as GHSA Vice Chairman Troy Costales.
11. Karen Cutright, of the US Veterans Administration, discusses whether traffic crashes are another unintended consequence of war.
12. Intran Media’s Troy Dilla invites attendees to learn more about truckside billboard advertising.
13. Tuesday’s Networking Reception provides one more opportunity for attendees to chat in a more informal setting.