Annual Meeting Photo Highlights
1. Attendees relax at the Maryland Historical Society during the Opening Reception on Sunday evening.
2. State Farm’s Malcolm Hamilton welcomes guests to the Opening Reception at the Maryland Historical Society.
3. Robyn Robertson, President and CEO of the Traffic Injury Research Foundation, speaks at the “Emerging Trends in Impaired Driving” workshop.
4. The audience watches the presentation of the 2012 GHSA Highway Safety Awards.
5. Dr. Carolyn Cumpsty Fowler discusses how approaches used to tackle public health problems can be applied to motor vehicle injury reduction.
6. Idaho’s Brent Jennings moderates a session on changing the way risky driving is viewed in our culture.
7. Patti Brady, of Pulaski County, Arkansas’ Youth Accident Prevention Program, at Tuesday’s Networking Reception.
8. National Law Enforcement Liaison Program Manager Lowell Porter talks the “business case” for maintaining traffic safety as a law enforcement priority. (captions continued below)
9. GHSA Highway Safety Award winners at the head table at Tuesday’s Awards Luncheon.
10. James J. Howard Highway Safety Trailblazer winner John Lacey accepts his award from GHSA Chairman Troy Costales.
11. The 2012 GHSA Annual Meeting would not have been possible without the amazing help of these Maryland Highway Safety Office volunteers.
1. Attendees chat with Uncle Sam himself at the LifeSafer booth.
2. The Save A Life Tour was a popular stop in the exhibit hall.
3. Maryland Highway Safety Office chief Tom Gianni with Michael Wynnyck of the University Park, Md. police department, Larry Harmel from the Maryland Chiefs of Police Association, and Baltimore City DOT’s Patrick McMahon.