The National Law Enforcement Liaison Program (NLELP) was created to enhance communications between LELs, ensure greater coordination of LEL activities nationwide, create and support LEL training and guidance workshops to increase the knowledge and skills of LELs and provide technical assistance. The following are some resources created and collected by NLELP for LELs.
The LEL Listserv
NLELP has created a listserv to serve as a communications forum for LELs to exchange information and for asking questions, learning new ideas, soliciting project input, sharing best practices, locating resources, announcing training and projects, spreading news, acknowledging successes, updating officer safety issues, and so on.
The LEL Newsletter
The LEL is a quarterly newsletter designed as a communications tool to support the NLELP with information, best practices, training, events, news and articles to keep the state LEL network current on highway safety issues and activities.
Data and Statistics
NLELP has collected resources and publications featuring some of the latest traffic safety data and statistics.
- NHTSA Impaired Driving Update: August 2014 [1.2 MB KB | 5 pgs.]
- Florida LEL Progam, LEL Bolo, August 2014 issue [1 MB KB | 4 pgs.]
- NHTSA Impaired Driving Update: July 2014 [1.3 MB KB | 6 pgs.]
- The American Bar Association Judical Division and NHTSA, Highway to Justice, Summer 2014 issue [3.3 MB | 7 pgs.]
- NHTSA Impaired Driving Update: June 2014 [864 KB | 6 pgs.]
- NHTSA Impaired Driving Update: May 2014 [334 KB | 6 pgs.]
- NHTSA Region 4 Newsletter: May 2014 [1.5 MB | 5 pgs.]
- The American Bar Association Judical Division and NHTSA, Highway to Justice, Spring 2014 issue [3.8 MB | 7 pgs.]