The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) seeks an Engineering Technician to join their crash avoidance team in Ruckersville, VA.
The Engineer Technician will work with other members of the crash avoidance team to ensure that all tests are properly prepared and conducted on schedule. Tests include official vehicle rating evaluations for front crash prevention and headlights, as well as research tests to develop new rating programs.
- Conducts or assists with all pre- and post-test procedures
- Ensures test set-up, execution and reporting meticulously follow established procedures
- Applies crash avoidance test protocols to plan and execute crash avoidance tests
- Ensures all data collection is error-free
- Assists in testing to support research projects and development of new protocols
- Provides support for other IIHS projects as needed
- Associate degree in an engineering field (preferred) or three years of relevant experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to work/drive at night
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, crawl under and around vehicles and lift equipment (up to 50 pounds)