Governors Highway Safety Association
The Governors Highway Association (GHSA) is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a host of duties including administrative support for GHSA’s leadership as well as managing GHSA’s database entry and management. The position also provides administrative and logistical support for GHSA’s Annual Meeting and quarterly Executive Board of Directors meetings. Duties include:
- Providing administrative support for the Executive Director and the Director of Policy and Government Relations. (35%) Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- scheduling calls and calendar management
- monitoring initiatives on a proactive and routine basis to ensure all deadlines are met
- assisting with GHSA correspondence by interacting with all organizational levels, internal and external to GHSA, on behalf of the Executive Director and the Director of Policy and Government Relations
- managing expense reports
- coordinating meetings by preparing and distributing agendas and materials, taking and distributing meeting notes, and managing follow-up actions
- Maintaining all GHSA contact information for members, associate members, partners, government relations contacts, and other constituents in a variety of databases. (30%)
- Assisting with administrative support and logistical preparations for GHSA’s Annual Meeting, including registration and other related conference activity. (15%)
- Collaborating and assisting with ad-hoc projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing timelines, monitoring progress, and presenting deliverables (ex: GHSA’s Annual Awards Program in collaboration with the Communications Team). (10%)
- Assisting with logistical preparations for GHSA’s quarterly Executive Board meetings including managing contracts, creating and preparing reports and assembling materials. Assisting with other meetings, as required. (5%)
- Answering GHSA’s general phone line and responding to general e-mail inquiries. (3%)
- Other duties as assigned aligned within the objectives of GHSA. (2%)
Candidates must have a high school diploma (Bachelor’s degree, highly desirable) as well as 2+ years of applicable professional experience. Experience working in a nonprofit or an association as well as working with an association management systems (e.g. Naylor), are desirable.
GHSA represents the state and territorial highway safety offices that implement programs to address behavioral and highway safety issues, including: occupant protection, impaired driving, and speeding. GHSA provides leadership and advocacy for the states and territories to improve traffic safety, influence national policy, enhance program management and promote best practices. GHSA is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. For more information about the Governors Highway Safety Association, see www.ghsa.org. GHSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The full job description can be located at: https://www.ghsa.org/sites/default/files/2019-12/AA_PD_2019.pdf
Interested candidates should send their resume and salary expectations to Elizabeth Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org.