The Associate Administrator for Communications and Consumer Information leads the development and execution of the Agency's strategic communications, and manages four offices: Media Relations, Consumer Information, Communications Services, and Digital Strategies.
The Associate Administrator for Communications and Consumer Information:
- Strategizes, plans and directs the execution of internal and external communication efforts including market research, content development, event planning and press releases to promote the Agency's safety programs and regulatory priorities.
- Manages a strategic communications program, requiring the ability to develop, recommend and implement goals, objectives, budgets, resources and activities.
- Manages market research and collaborates with subject matter experts to develop and implement public awareness campaigns.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Complete a one-year SES probationary period (unless already completed).
- FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE: Complete a Public Financial Disclosure report, OGE-278. You will need to provide the information annually.
As a basic requirement for entry into the Senior Executive Service (SES), you must clearly articulate and describe within your resume evidence of progressively responsible supervisory, managerial, or professional experience which involved management of a program or organization of significant scope and complexity. The experience must have been sufficiently responsible to show clearly your ability to perform the duties of this position and meet the mandatory Technical Qualifications and Managerial Executive Core Qualifications listed below.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (TQs): Below is the description of the technical qualifications that must be clearly evident in your resume.
1. Demonstrated success effectively managing a strategic communications program, requiring the ability to develop, recommend and implement goals, objectives, budgets, resources and activities.
2. Demonstrated ability to manage market research and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and implement public awareness campaigns.
3. Demonstrated sound judgement and understanding of the political, regulatory, and transportation safety environment to allow for the development of creative strategies that enable a broader organizational reach, deepen community engagement, and measure impact by leveraging a variety of analytic tools.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): Below are descriptions of the ECQs that must be clearly evident in your resume.
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment. Leadership Competencies: Creativity and Innovation, External Awareness, Flexibility, Resilience, Strategic Thinking, Vision
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Leadership Competencies: Conflict Management, Leveraging Diversity, Developing Others, Team Building
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Leadership Competencies: Accountability, Customer, Decisiveness, Entrepreneurship, Problem Solving, Technical Credibility
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically. Leadership Competencies: Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Technology Management
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals. Leadership Competencies: Partnering, Political Savvy, Influencing/Negotiating
FUNDAMENTAL COMPETENCIES: The following competencies are the foundation for success in each of the Executive Core Qualifications: Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Written Communication, Integrity/Honesty, Continual Learning, and Public Service Motivation.
$127,914 to $192,300 per year
How to Apply
Learn more and apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532443700.