You will serve as a Transportation Specialist, involved in assignments related to registration, insurance, vetting, customer service and project management. Primarily serve as a Knowledge Manager, reporting to the Office Director of Registration, responsible to develop techniques and procedures for organizing, locating, and enabling access to relevant information.
The Transportation Specialist (Knowledge Manager):
- Develops communications strategies and provides guidance; to ensure efficient registration processes, to assist with investigating carriers and to determine compliance with agency regulations and requirements as it relates to commercial motor carrier registration.
- Develops, establishes, and explains operating procedures, techniques and methods concerned with researching and investigating new or improved business and management practices for application to agency motor carrier safety programs and operations.
- Serves as one of the primary points of MC-RS knowledgebase content including but not limited to standard operating procedures (SOP), web-based content, frequently asked questions (FAQs), risk registry development, etc.
- Contributes to the development of the knowledge management practices; designs and implements efficiencies in the new knowledge distribution policies and encourage use of the new practices.
- Coordinates with agency representative and other program offices in an integrated program team fashion to identify and develop required information for public presentation and dissemination on agency policies and procedures.
- Works with other Divisions and program offices in the Agency to coordinate and integrate the commercial regulations into day-to-day registration processes and procedures within FMCSA.
The ideal candidate is someone with Knowledge Manager experience in developing techniques and procedures for organizing, locating, and enabling access to relevant information and expertise required to address specific business tasks in our knowledge base. Someone with knowledge manager experience who is familiar with promoting and utilizing the organization’s knowledge assets (website, FAQs, social media, rules/regulations, IT/data systems, customer relationship management system, etc.).
How to Apply
Click here for more information and to apply. Applications close on April 30, 2021, or whenever 50 applications are received, whichever is sooner.