The Governors Highway Association (GHSA) is seeking a full-time Director of Programs and Member Services. The position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and the strategic direction of all federal and private sector grant programs including leadership on program implementation, budget development, communication and promotional plans, expenditure tracking, monitoring timelines and deliverables, and reporting. The role is also responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations and strategic direction of GHSA’s member services including the development and implementation of member engagement, development, retention plans and member communications. Duties include:
Oversees the day-to-day operations and strategic direction of all federal and private sector grant programs that includes but is not limited to:
- Working with the Finance staff to ensure accurate and timely completion and submission of all grant applications and other administrative paperwork.
- Working with the Senior Director of External Engagement to develop project budgets, communicate them to staff and track expenditures.
- Developing and monitoring timelines to ensure all deliverables are completed on time and within scope and budget.
- Providing leadership, clear direction and ongoing feedback to the staff and contractors tasked with implementing programs.
- Working with the Communications staff to develop promotional plans.
- Overseeing reporting to program funders.
- Debriefing with staff and contractors following project completion to identify strengths and/or opportunities for improvement.
Oversees the day-to-day operations and strategic direction of the State and Associate Member programs and services that includes but is not limited to:
- Working with the Senior Director of External Engagement and GHSA staff to create, implement and evaluate a value-driven member engagement, development and retention plan.
- Working with the Communications staff to provide consistent, member-centric communication via GHSA’s social media and other channels.
- Managing, either directly or with contractor and/or GHSA staff support, all Annual Meeting and Executive Seminar logistics and sponsorships.
- Collaborating with GHSA senior staff and the Annual Meeting Planning Committee to develop Annual Meeting content.
- Collaborating with senior staff and the Federal and State Programs Consultant to develop Executive Seminar content.
- Overseeing administration of the member database.
- Assisting the Senior Director of External Engagement with Consulting Services Initiative oversight, as needed.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent as well as 7+ years of program management experience. Experience with member services is required. Experience with federal and state contracts and meeting planning is preferred along with supervisory experience.
GHSA represents the state and territorial highway safety offices that implement programs to address behavioral and highway safety issues including occupant protection, impaired driving, and speeding. GHSA provides leadership and advocacy for the states and territories to improve traffic safety, influence national policy, enhance program management and promote best practices. GHSA is located on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. For more information about the Governors Highway Safety Association, see www.ghsa.org. GHSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send their resume and salary expectations to Elizabeth Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org