The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) seeks an Engineering Technician to join our dummy lab team in Ruckersville, VA.
The Engineer Technician will work with other members of the Vehicle Research Center crash test team to ensure that all tests are properly prepared and conducted on schedule. Responsibilities will include maintenance, repair and pre-test positioning of test dummies used in the Institute’s consumer information and research crash test programs.
- Operate, calibrate and perform maintenance on specialized test equipment, including crash test dummies and other custom sensors
- Maintain, install, troubleshoot and inventory crash sensors and related dummy spare parts
- Ensure dummies and sensors are prepared to meet crash testing schedules
- Ensure that test set-up, execution and reporting are conducted in precise accordance with established procedures
- Apply standard quality control procedures to ensure accuracy of test results
- Assist in testing to support research projects and development of new protocols
- Provide support for other IIHS projects as needed
- Associate degree in an engineering field (preferred) or three years of relevant experience
- Background in electronics and electrical theory is a plus
- Must be proficient in computer usage (Microsoft Office suite) and able to learn complex data collection/analysis software
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, crawl under and around vehicles and lift equipment (up to 50 pounds)
How to Apply
To apply, email your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.