MADD is seeking a passionate, inspirational, and transformational leader who will serve as a champion for the organization’s mission by amplifying the voice of its community and educating and engaging the public on the urgency of preventing drunk and drugged driving deaths. They will proactively promote key programs, services, and research to influence and achieve positive change in public policy around impaired driving. In partnership with the Board of Directors and staff, the CEO will build upon MADD’s rich legacy while fostering a vibrant organization that will achieve its full potential. The CEO will forge partnerships and alliances with businesses, government, academia, and other key stakeholders to underscore the urgency in eliminating impaired driving as it is a . The CEO will oversee all aspects of the organization to ensure operational efficiency, effectiveness, and financial capacity to execute its mission. They will be a champion for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion among the communities MADD serves, the board, and the staff, ensuring that every aspect of the organization’s work embraces these values. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- In partnership with the Board of Directors and staff, formulates and implements a strategic vision and plan that identifies key priorities to ensure MADD creates immediate and long-term impact while ensuring continued growth.
- Ensures accountability is instilled into the organization’s culture with a sense of urgency to achieve strategic objectives and goals, with clear metrics and transparency.
- Provides leadership, direction, and oversight of MADD’s operations in fulfillment of the mission, vision, and strategic plan.
- Forges a transparent, collaborative, inclusive, and trusting relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Provides regular communications to the Board of Directors on strategic, operational, and programmatic matters impacting the organization, keeping them apprised of progress and challenges in meeting key goals in strategic and operational business plans.
- Supports the Board to ensure their effectiveness in executing their duties.
External Affairs and Strategic Communications
- Establishes a comprehensive strategic communications plan to support MADD’s mission.
- Elevates MADD’s brand, visibility, influence, and presence within communities across the United States, Brazil, and Canada through partnerships with media, government entities, private organizations, and academia.
- Provides essential support to the field to ensure effective support for engaging communities and mobilizing grassroots as appropriate.
- Builds and support partnerships and alliances to advance the mission of MADD.
- Leverages digital technology to communicate and engage with victims of impaired driving while sharing educational resources to influence positive outcomes, reduce these incidences in the future, and build community across diverse and next generation stakeholders.
- Recruits, develops, inspires, and engages a diverse staff to lead and administer the organization’s programs and services in support of the strategic plan and operational objectives.
- Fosters a culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion where the team is inspired to do their best work every day to advance the mission of the organization and create positive outcomes in the world.
- Sets a clear vision for goals and expectations, while encouraging an atmosphere that promotes accountability, collaboration, empowerment, and creativity.
- Ensures appropriate human resources, financial, and IT systems and policies are in place to scale the organization and support the staff. Leverages performance management processes for consistently evaluating and developing staff on an annual basis to ensure accountability, results, and growth.
- Partners with the volunteer President, who is selected annually to represent the victim community externally before government, the public, and the victim community.
- Builds a comprehensive development strategy for the organization, uncovering new revenue opportunities and implements plans and programs that maximize the organization’s short- and long-term financial well-being.
- Cultivates existing and new relationships with donors and foundations. Actively drives MADD’s long-term financial growth and stability by securing funding from a diversity of sources.
- Supports MADD’s grant function to ensure successful acquisition retention of key grants that advance the organization’s mission and programs.
Financial and Operational Oversight
- Provides fiscal oversight and leadership to enhance the organization’s financial position, assuring the sustainable resources to fuel important programs for the future.
- Develops and ensures a balanced annual operating budget that is aligned to the strategic goals of the organization.
- Develops strategies to enhance the long-term, financial health of the organization, including building reserves for key investments.
- Ensures sound financial controls are in place to ensure strong stewardship of financial resources.
- Ensures MADD’s compliance with grant management and oversight requirements.
Program Strategy and Oversight
- Develops and maintains high-quality, innovative programs designed to garner support for urgent action on the impaired driving crisis and achievement of strategic imperatives.
- Proactively seeks innovative approaches and programs to engage with historically underrepresented communities and ensure their safety in the future through advocacy, education, and elevating their voices.
- Ensure mission programs are delivering at the highest levels possible.
How to Apply
Click here for more information and to apply.