The Communications Manager is a vital part of MADD’s communications team, supporting innovative strategies that cultivate our relationships with the media, engage our target audiences, align with our business objectives, and help push us toward a future of zero deaths and injuries caused by impaired driving. We are seeking a results-driven communications professional who drives outstanding media coverage while compassionately working with victims and survivors to ensure their voices are heard. The ideal candidate is a natural storyteller, adept at handling all aspects of communications, with a strong emphasis on promoting MADD’s brand through social media and top earned media placements. We are looking for someone with the business acumen to partner across various departments to support and publicize MADD’s advocacy work, victim services, fundraising, prevention programs and corporate partner relationships. If you like pouring your talents into a life-saving mission, we want to hear from you.
Work with communications director to implement media relations strategies and campaigns that effectively communicate MADD’s messages to internal and external audiences, news organizations, and on social media; support media and community outreach across all of MADD; produce and review communications in support of MADD’s government affairs, programs, marketing, and victim services departments; help coordinate responses to high-profile arrests, crashes, and other crises; produce and distribute press releases, and other communications support as needed.
Essential Position Functions
- In conjunction with the communications director, support MADD National President’s scheduling, speech writing, social media, and other activities as needed.
- Help plan and implement strategic media relations strategies and campaigns.
- Respond to media inquiries and work across all MADD offices to support media requests.
- Write and edit various media materials including communication plans, news releases, advisories, op-eds, talking points, fact sheets, etc. Maintain media lists.
- Support staff and volunteers with press releases and advisories.
- Coordinate with communications director to review and contribute to toolkits for activations and campaigns.
- Contribute to the design and graphics content for MADD’s national reports.
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain strong relations with members of the media.
- Pitch national and local media contacts, resulting in substantive coverage of MADD and its mission.
- Support and pitch key MADD spokespersons.
- Monitor media coverage and compile reports to keep the communications team, staff and national board members apprised of key coverage.
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Please provide resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Becky Iannotta at Becky.Iannotta@madd.org. This job is 100% remote, meaning applicants from all states can apply.