This position provides executive-level administrative support to the Office of Highway Safety Planning director and two State-level traffic safety Commissions. The position administers tasks and information that are highly confidential and sensitive, coordinates scheduling for the division director and the Commissions, serves as division liaison with the bureau-level administrative support and Human Resources Division, and provides guidance to section managers, staff, and other administrative support for the division. The position serves as Executive Secretary for the Governor’s Traffic Safety Advisory Commission (GTSAC) and the Michigan Truck Safety Commission (MTSC) and coordinates the effective administration of Commission meetings including serving as division liaison to the Commission members and the public. This position will also assist in the processing of state and federal grant applications, collecting and tracking data to comply with reporting requirements, managing of complex spreadsheets, and providing telephone assistance to other State and Federal agencies, grant recipients, and the public. The position coordinates position postings, retirements, and other actions in the State Neogov System, processes employee timekeeping and payroll, assists with meetings, scheduling meeting facilities, registering participants, ordering office supplies and equipment, making travel arrangements, assisting with the processing of reports, budgets, payments and other duties as required.
- Maintain the Division director's daily schedule and calendar to include arranging appointments, securing materials to prepare the director for meetings, events, and speaking engagements.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, and materials for the division director.
- Return phone calls on behalf of the division director.
- Serve as liaison with bureau executive support staff and other bureaus and divisions.
- Ensure that correspondence and reports released by division follows established department standards for correspondence and various documents for conformity to format.
- Receive, track, and route to information, tasks, and assignments to appropriate staff member.
- Coordinate Neogov submissions for reallocations, retirements, and hiring and approve in the Neogov system on behalf of the division director when necessary.
- Respond to inquiries and explain procedures requiring interpretation of the OHSP director's viewpoint on specific issues.
- Coordinate staff meetings including agendas and securing speakers.
- Serve as liaison for OHSP director with legislative staff and other divisions.
- Attend meetings as OHSP director's representative as necessary and report on proceedings.
- Inform OHSP director of office details, issues, concerns, and handles confidential tasks, information, and matters.
How to Apply
Click here for additional information and how to apply. Applications close on April 26, 2021.