Under the supervision of the Regional Administrator (RA), the Deputy Regional Administrator (DRA) provides leadership and direction to the States and regional staff to design, implement, and evaluate health and safety programs designed toward a safe, efficient transportation system for all road users. The position offers technical assistance to federal, state and local governments and organizations on the federal regulations governing NHTSA’s State and Community Grant Programs.
As the Supervisory Highway Safety Specialist, you will:
- Serves as the senior advisor to the Regional Administrator (RA) on matters related to the management of the staff and resources of Regional Office including staffing, travel, training and administrative expenses.
- Serves as the primary representative of NHTSA with respect to matters involving highway safety planning, program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Assist RA in establishing Regional Office procedures and staff assignments and duties to ensure that activities, projects and resources are directed to accomplishing Agency goals and priorities.
- Recommends to the RA performance evaluations of the regional staff. Approves staff leave requests. Participates in selections to fill vacancies on staff.
- As designated, provides support and technical direction to the staff in the development and implementation of regional strategic plans for impaired driving, occupant protect, data improvement, and other programmatic emphasis areas.
- Participates in meetings and conferences representing both NHTSA's and the Regional Administrator's points of view, and exchanges information to advance road safety programs.
The ideal candidate should have experience in training and developing people, supervising and leading teams, strategic planning and project management, financial/administrative management and grant oversight, research and regulatory interpretation, and strong organization skills to manage multiple work assignments with tight timelines.
How to Apply
Click here for more information and to apply. This job listing closes May 25, 2023.