Who We Are
Nuro, a GHSA Associate Member, is a robotics start-up whose mission is to accelerate the benefits of robotics for everyday life. We have an elite team of entrepreneurs and engineers, designers and scientists. We believe AI and robotics are at the cusp of transforming daily life and we are dedicated to building meaningful products with this technology. Our first product is a fully autonomous, on-road vehicle specifically designed for last-mile goods delivery. Join us and play a critical role in our mission.
About the Role
Policy is central to our vision of accelerating the benefits of robotics for everyday life, and Nuro’s Policy team works to build and preserve public trust in our work. As a Regional Policy Lead, you will be primarily responsible for setting and advancing Nuro’s policy positions at the state level for one half of the country. You will be central to the company’s success by shaping how the world sees, and how their elected officials regard, Nuro’s work, and thereby helping to set the rules that govern the deployment of autonomous vehicles. Successful candidates will play a leadership role on our growing and fast-paced team of senior public policy and government affairs professionals, leading strategy and execution of policy and government relations in the multi-state region.
About the Work
- Define public policy strategy - Expect to play a central role defining the company’s public policy strategy for the region, developing sophisticated strategies to ensure that laws and regulations fully reflect Nuro’s unique contribution to the world of robotics and autonomous vehicles
- Engage with policymakers - You will build relationships directly with state lawmakers, staff, and regulators to educate them about Nuro’s technology and positions, and advance Nuro’s policy priorities. Where necessary, you will source and manage state lobbyists or consultants
- Build supportive coalitions - Develop relationships with industry stakeholders, opinion leaders, and third party groups to support policy campaigns and legislative or regulatory priorities. This includes representing Nuro in trade associations
- Become the expert on emerging state policy - Through consistent monitoring of emerging legislation and proposals, analysis of legislative or regulatory text, and deep relationships with policymakers, you will be responsible for identifying significant legislation and emerging trends across a broad set of technology and transportation policy issues that could impact Nuro’s business
- Collaborate cross-functionally - Expect to work with a variety of teams, not just policy wonks. You will advise business, engineering, and product teams on current and future public policy to inform our products and services. You will understand and then articulate design and business decisions to key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Develop state policy initiatives - You will develop and run state-level campaigns to communicate the benefits of Nuro’s technology on improving safety for all road users, equity, the environment, the future of work, and public health, and demonstrate our support for public policies that advance these social priorities.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, click here.