The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) seeks a Test Engineer at our Vehicle Research Center, located in Ruckersville, Virginia, 12 miles north of the city of Charlottesville. The Test Engineer will work with IIHS technical teams to support consumer information test programs and ongoing R&D programs. Experience with high-speed data acquisition systems, use of data processing and analysis software (NI DIAdem), and programming experience (Visual Basic or other) are pluses.
- Ensure test setup, execution and reporting all meticulously follow established procedures
- Ensure all data collection is error-free
- Oversee evaluation programs, including exchanging information with industry representatives
- Configure and troubleshoot high-speed data acquisition system
- Update crash data processing code
- Measure test subjects (vehicles and crash test dummies) with a portable coordinate measurement machine