As a PM in Uber's Safety team, you will drive innovation in one of the most important aspects of transportation, launching products that will create huge impact for millions of drivers and riders. In Road Safety, you will be responsible for making Uber the safest means of transportation, protecting our customers and earners from road incidents. Day to day, you will work with engineering, data science and operational teams to fully understand real world complexities our earners face, then create products and experiences to reduce or eliminate risks. You will work with cross functional teams to ensure our commitment to safety is communicated and demonstrated around the world.
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Product Manager with technical depth, product intuition and entrepreneurial spirit to drive the safety experiences roadmap. The role demands principled thinking, a stubborn refusal to settle, bold innovation, and a mentality that always starts with the user. You will work with star engineers and product designers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid technology + operations environment to build tools, contextual experiences and implement policies to engender trust among our users and promote safety globally. You should be comfortable in uncharted territory as we build unique safety technologies for eaters, riders, drivers, couriers, and every user who touches the Uber community. We need your skills and enthusiasm to make it happen.
What You'll Do
- Build user-facing products as well as backend solutions that enhance safety for all of our users
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as how the Uber Safety team's mission and objectives factor into the company strategy
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedback
- Identify opportunities for new products that leverage Uber's global scale and build upon its safety infrastructure to provide unique and lasting customer value. You will work with our regional teams to understand issues on the ground and make those solutions a part of your roadmap
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber
- Partner with User Experience Research, Operations, and Support teams to seek insights on user problems and evangelize those problems, along with your proposed solutions, across Uber
- Distill the vision and strategy, and generate enthusiasm across the cross-functional team through creative problem solving and ruthless prioritization
How to Apply
Click here for more information and to apply.